- Cold pressed to produce an oil that can be used in the same way as olive oil.
- Hulled to produce a soft seed/nut that can be added to a wide range of food.
Research shows that hemp seed provides an excellent source of nutrition.
- Excellent 3:1 balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which promote cardiovascular health.
- High in GLA, an essential omega-6 fatty acid that’s been proven to naturally balance hormones.
- Perfect protein containing all 20 amino acids, including each of the nine essential amino acids that our bodies cannot produce.
One ounce (28 grams) of hemp seeds contains about:
- 161 calories
- 3.3 grams carbohydrates
- 9.2 grams protein
- 12.3 grams fat
- 2 grams fibre
- 2.8 milligrams manganese
- 15.4 milligrams vitamin E
- 300 milligrams magnesium
- 405 milligrams phosphorus
- 5 milligrams zinc
- 3.9 milligrams iron
- 0.1 milligram copper